2020年6月18日木曜日

GATTACA





I got the better end of the deal. I only lent you my body. You lent me your dream.


     A world where everything is determined by genes. You are worthy of your existence, your future dreams and your job. The story of a world where personality, disease, cause of death and life expectancy are known in three seconds after birth.

     The man who dreams of becoming an astronaut, was born without genetic engineering, which left him physically weak and socially unappreciated. He doesn't have the genes to be an astronaut, and for him, being an astronaut was an impossible dream. One black market deal changes his life. He met a man with amazing physical abilities and strong genes. The man had lost the freedom of his lower body due to in a car accident. 

I was mesmerized by the beauty of Uma Thurman.

Each character is conflicted inside, troubled and envious of others. Their struggles are also a highlight. I was also struck by the beauty of the scenes. There is something fantastical and dreamy and ephemeral about it.

1 件のコメント:

  1. I like this movie, too. I think Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke were married at the time.

    返信削除

Lecture4 Immersion Education

  Immersion Education    Immersion Education is the process of immersing oneself in a language environment so intimately that the language i...